Join our zoo community
Anton

Intake of the savannah animals at Kolmården

Intake of the savannah animals at Kolmården
Anton, 29 Oct 2020
    • Anton
      Intake of the savannah animals at Kolmården. The animals are normally let into the stable every evening to be checked. During hot summer nights they are let out again in the evening and stay outside at night. They are normally let in at closing time and this has always gathered a lot of visitors that want to see the puzzle to get all animals at the right place. To meet this curiosity the zoo has made this an informative presentation. Now one of the keepers is equipped with a microphone and tells the visitors exact what happens and which animals we see. This is now a part of the daily presentation programme. It is really nice that the park has made this presentation to meet the curiosity of the visitors.

This photo was taken in 2014 and then you could see the following species on this savannah: addax, blesbok, common eland, blue wildebeest, Grevy's zebra, lechwe, sable antelope and white rhino.

Today I think the species in the enclosure are: addax, blesbok, blue wildebeest, Grevy's zebra, lechwe, sable antelope, white rhino, ostrich, dama gazelle, red river hog and Nile lechwe. I have not visited the park this year but based on the information that I have this should be the species. If I'm wrong, someone is more than welcome to correct me
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Kolmården Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Anton
    Date:
    29 Oct 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    309.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1620px
    Height:
    1080px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).