snowleopard

Inukshuk Bay - Polar Bear Exhibit

Aug. 21st, 2010.

Inukshuk Bay - Polar Bear Exhibit
snowleopard, 9 Feb 2011
    • snowleopard
      Aug. 21st, 2010.
    • Arizona Docent
      This exhibit totally blows away the other polar bear exhibit in the desert Southwest (which I am ashamed to say is at my zoo).
    • foz
      Is there any natural substrate available?
    • Zooplantman
      That's a LOT of rockwork in a sunny hot zoo!
    • Arizona Docent
      Well, I guess that is the one thing my zoo's exhibit does have going for it - there is a small grass yard (added next to the pool yard several years ago).
    • jusko88
      What is the status on the zoo's Polar Bears? Do you think the zoo will ever go the reid park zoo way and phase out? that would make a great mix species Galapagos exhibit with Marine Iguanas, Galapagos Penguins and Blue-Footed Booby but one can only dream :)
    • Arizona Docent
      There actually is a small patch of natural substrate just top left of this photo. The visitors cannot directly see it - it is hidden behind a rock - but you can see the bears standing up there and you can tell they are diggin into something.

This is probably the most immersive and impressive exhibit at this otherwise mediocre zoo. There is no way they will get rid of polar bears. Although it is sunny, Albuquerque is fairly high altitude and is not as hot as say Tucson or Phoenix or even many Texas cities.
    • Gulo gulo
      You should just jump on a tour to the Galapagos and see them. You'll maintain your sanity.
      StoppableSan likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    ABQ BioPark Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    snowleopard
    Date:
    9 Feb 2011
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    451.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/4.5
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-ZS5
    Date / Time:
    2010:08:21 14:16:08
    Exposure Time:
    10/5000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 80
    Focal Length:
    4.1 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).