Join our zoo community
Maguari

Islands Preview at Chester, 11/07/15

Just posting a handful of shots to hopefully give a flavour without over-spoiling! Future banteng viewing from the boat ride.

Islands Preview at Chester, 11/07/15
Maguari, 12 Jul 2015
    • Maguari
      Just posting a handful of shots to hopefully give a flavour without over-spoiling!

Future banteng viewing from the boat ride.
    • lintworm
      Will the banteng share their enclosure with smaller hoofstock species or is it just banteng?
    • Maguari
      As far as has been announced, just Banteng. It's officially part of the Bali section, which would limit options if they want to be strictly accurate - I think the only thing they could realistically mix in and keep the theme would be Timor Deer, which would be nice. That would involve disregarding subspecies, but I'm sure they wouldn't lose too much sleep over it (they already have Negros Warty Pigs in 'Panay', anyway!).
    • zoogiraffe
      I would think they could get a species of Muntjac,not strictly correct but certainly about!
    • Maguari
      I'm sure they could get Indian Muntjac if they tried - stacks and stacks in Asian zoos! :D
    • threeple61
      This looks to be an enormous exhibit!
    • ChesterZooFan
      It is pretty large and there is also a huge off show grass paddock
    • taun
      I would say it was smaller then the paddock they have but with an off-show paddock. It is undoubtly bigger overall.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Chester Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Maguari
    Date:
    12 Jul 2015
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    232.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/5.0
    Make:
    FUJIFILM
    Model:
    FinePix S9500
    Date / Time:
    2015:07:11 11:23:55
    Exposure Time:
    10/5500 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 80
    Focal Length:
    6.2 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).