Join our zoo community
Maguari

IZES UK Zoo Collectors Fair 2010, British Wildlife Centre

A good time was had by all - the BWC made for excellent hosts. If anyone wants their face blurred out, let me know! ;) A tour with the centre owner and a very friendly otter!

IZES UK Zoo Collectors Fair 2010, British Wildlife Centre
Maguari, 17 Mar 2010
    • Maguari
      A good time was had by all - the BWC made for excellent hosts. If anyone wants their face blurred out, let me know! ;)

A tour with the centre owner and a very friendly otter!
    • Arizona Docent
      What is a Zoo Collectors Fair?
    • Chlidonias
      a fair for collectors of zoos. Some people have dozens of small zoos dotted around their back gardens (it is England you know :D)

just joking English people :D
    • Chlidonias
      does anyone want to put their names to their faces in the photo? I see two I recognise (well, one definite and one maybe). And I'm guessing the centre's owner is the one in the middle of the group who is trying to attract the attention of the otters?
    • Arizona Docent
      While I appreciate humor (really I do), I would also appreciate a straight answer.
    • Chlidonias
    • Maguari

Indeed - 'Zoo Memorabilia Collectors' Fair' would have been more accurate, but a bit unwieldy for the photo title!

It's always a good social day - I'm not the biggest of collectors myself but I always end up with a few bits and bobs and it's a good chance to catch up. And there's usually a zoo tour in the offing as well, this time of a very nice small collection I'd not done before. The UK IZES fair is nothing like the scale of the September European 'Zoohistiorica' one, but it's good fun.
    • Maguari
      The only hardcore, on-here-every-day-sounding-off zoochatter I'm aware of in this shot is zoogiraffe, up at top left. There are at least two others though - but these days I'm not sure I should identify others without permission!

And yes, chap in the middle in blue is the owner - very sensible chap, with a very clear vision for the centre - to have as representative collection as posisble of current UK wild animals (so muntjac in, wolves out).
    • Pygathrix
      The little guy on the ground looks like Chlidonias...
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    British Wildlife Centre
    Uploaded By:
    Maguari
    Date:
    17 Mar 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count: