Join our zoo community
Elephantlover

Jaguar

Jaguar
    • Terry Thomas
      Nice shot.
    • Kevin2342
      Which exhibit in Big Cat Falls was the Jaguar in? When I went it was in the lion exhibit.
    • StoppableSan
      @Kevin2342 Speaking of which, I'm not the biggest fan of having specific theming for habitats if different cats'll be rotated anyways. Seeing a jaguar in an African savanna, a lion in a Himalayan foothill or a cougar in an Amur forest can be quite jarring, to say the least. If there was a way to make the habitats more "generic" like making the lion habitat a Plains habitat with no termite mounds or African theming, or removing the temple reliefs from the jaguar habitat in order to make it a proper Rainforest habitat, maybe that would be a good commentary on the diversity of ecosystems that cats live in. Lions'd primarily have the savanna habitat, but this time you can have jaguars and cougars in there with little issue (replicating an oak savanna), or tigers can rotate with cougars, snow and Amur leopards with no issue as well. Even the "Himalayan foothill" exhibit or the "American desert" habitats for the snow/Amur leopard and cougar respectively can act as an Andean hillside for jaguars to enter into.
    • Elephantlover
      @Kevin2342 it was in the lion habitat when I went
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Philadelphia Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Elephantlover
    Date:
    26 Sep 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    7.7 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4608px
    Height:
    3456px
    Aperture:
    f/5.6
    Make:
    NIKON
    Model:
    COOLPIX B600
    Date / Time:
    2021:09:26 22:33:01
    Exposure Time:
    10/4000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 125
    Focal Length:
    179.2 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).