Join our zoo community
akasha

Japanese Garden

Japanese Garden
akasha, 20 Jan 2023
    • Zoofan15
      It looks very overgrown! Nonetheless, I don’t doubt it’s popular with the visitors. I’m amazed how many people complain about Auckland Zoo’s being packed away in boxes. It was the only New Zealand Zoo to have one.
      akasha likes this.
    • akasha
      It was a bit, but considering the weather we’ve had that’s understandable. They host weddings in this garden, so I think it will be sticking around. I imagine it’s a pretty good revenue source for the zoo.
      Zoofan15 likes this.
    • Zoofan15
      @akasha I see it was opened in 1991 (a year after Auckland’s), to mark the tenth anniversary of the sister-state relationship between Victoria and the Aichi Prefecture in Japan. It’s apparently considered the best in Australia.
      akasha likes this.
    • Jambo
      @akasha @Zoofan15 the garden has to be one of the best i've seen within a zoo itself. Unfortunately it's on the small side, but is still beautiful nonetheless and with Gibbons on the island opposite. The area can be quite a wonderful area to have a rest in! Popularity wise, it's almost empty most of the times I visit. Some guests are interested by the gardens, but others (children mainly!) aren't.
      Veno and akasha like this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Melbourne Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    akasha
    Date:
    20 Jan 2023
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    7.2 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4032px
    Height:
    3024px
    Aperture:
    f/1.8
    Make:
    Apple
    Model:
    iPhone XR
    Date / Time:
    2023:01:15 15:18:03
    Exposure Time:
    1/481 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 25
    Focal Length:
    4.25 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).