Join our zoo community
SMR

Java Sparrow - Tropical Realm 19/02/2011

This was basically a quick snap on our way through the Tropical Realm, but I was quite pleased with how it turned out. When the light improves I might try staking out the area to get some better action shots of the birds bathing.

Java Sparrow - Tropical Realm 19/02/2011
SMR, 24 Feb 2011
CheeseChameleon1945 likes this.
    • SMR
      This was basically a quick snap on our way through the Tropical Realm, but I was quite pleased with how it turned out.

When the light improves I might try staking out the area to get some better action shots of the birds bathing.
    • NigeW
      Remarkable shot given the light levels in there. I have tried a handful of times without much success to shoot the free flying birds in Tropical Realm. It hadn't occurred to me that the light levels will change much but I will bear your tip in mind and have another go when the sun is shining outside.

Either that or invest in a full frame sensor that can perform like that at ISO 3200!... I may have to stick to Plan A :D
    • SMR
      The light can vary a lot - it's actually like an exaggerated version of what is happening outside - and on a really bright day it is possible to get some action shots. Early in the morning is good before the place fills up, or late in the evening on a clear day as when the sun gets lower it shines in through the windows on the westerly end.

I'm also trying some "stealth" feeder shots using a fast prime, tripod and remote release, but other people seem to want to visit the zoo too... and they're a right nuisance. ;)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Chester Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    SMR
    Date:
    24 Feb 2011
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    530.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1000px
    Height:
    667px
    Aperture:
    f/4.0
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II
    Date / Time:
    2011:02:19 13:44:34
    Exposure Time:
    1/250 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 3200
    Focal Length:
    105 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).