Join our zoo community
gentle lemur

Jitu on Gorilla Mountain, Blackpool

9th August 2005

Jitu on Gorilla Mountain, Blackpool
gentle lemur, 6 Mar 2008
Steph, kermodei and felis silvestris like this.
    • gentle lemur
      9th August 2005
    • CZJimmy
      Do you have any photos of the entire exhibit?
    • gentle lemur
      I'm afraid not. It's an island (originally for chamois, then markhor) connected to the original gorilla enclosure by a gate and a causeway. It can be very hard to see the gorillas when they are on the island as there is a fair width of water and a lot of vegetation. I'll take my binoculars next time I visit, but I'll add my zoom lens so that I can try to show the whole thing too.

Alan
    • CZJimmy
      Thanks Alan!
    • Arizona Docent
      Look at that thick vegetation - that is awesome!
    • Pertinax
      It really doesn't take too long for vegetation to become established to the degree the Gorillas won't damage it badly. I can remember seeing this hill when it was home to Chamois many years ago- it was just a completely bare mound then.

So many Gorilla exhibits could be hugely improved just by additional 'heavy' planting of shrubs and bushes as well as trees.
    • gentle lemur
      Correction. I got the date wrong above. This photo was taken on 9th August 2006 :oops:
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Blackpool Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    gentle lemur
    Date:
    6 Mar 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    164.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    600px
    Aperture:
    f/7.1
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D70
    Date / Time:
    2005:08:09 10:07:48
    Exposure Time:
    1/250 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 200
    Focal Length:
    300 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).