Join our zoo community
Moebelle

Jul. 2020 - African Savanna - New! Rhino Reserve (Former Monkey Island)

Jul. 2020 - African Savanna - New! Rhino Reserve (Former Monkey Island)
    • pachyderm pro
      This is new?! It looks like was built in the 70s. That ugly brick wall kills any sort of naturalism the exhibit had going for it. Rhino Reserve seems like a rather underwhelming addition to Cleveland.
      nczoofan and Moebelle like this.
    • Dhole dude
      They could have used that money to renovate the atrocity that is primates, cats, and aquatics(I know they slightly renovated the primate hall but it still looks terrible) at least they got ride of the unbearably bad monkey island.
    • nczoofan
      Well, there was most definitely a need to expand the rhino complex, given that it only had one large outdoor exhibit. That said this expansion could have been done more tastefully, especially when it comes to plants. At least bringing in some trees would have softened the exhibit. A renovation to the PCA building is not a wise investment. It would cost an exorbitant sum compared to this improvement, but also it does not factor majorly into the zoo's future plans for its collection.
    • BlackRhino
      Having visited in person I think it is a great new exhibit for Cleveland. It allows Forrest, the male black rhino here, to have his own yard which is extremely beneficial. It also has a lot of new enrichment opportunities. Overall, I think it is a great addition to the zoo and definitely puts Cleveland Zoo as one of the best places to see black rhinos.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Cleveland Metroparks Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Moebelle
    Date:
    26 Jul 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    3 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    3924px
    Height:
    1998px
    Aperture:
    f/2.2
    Make:
    samsung
    Model:
    SM-G973U
    Date / Time:
    2020:07:26 12:49:17
    Exposure Time:
    1/572 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 50
    Focal Length:
    1.8 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).