Arizona Docent

juvenile amur tiger

March 2, 2015.

juvenile amur tiger
Arizona Docent, 25 Mar 2015
    • Arizona Docent
      March 2, 2015.
    • ro6ca66
      A nicely captured action shot! I love the water droplets arcing from the forefeet and tail. And the background is great too.
    • Arizona Docent
      Thanks. I arrived late afternoon (2pm). It had been raining earlier in the day and shortly after I arrived there was one more brief rain spurt then it cleared. There were mud puddles everywhere but of course tigers are not averse to water. I was photographing this young one walking in the pond and was lucky to be in position when he decided to jump out.
    • Arizona Docent
      I should add that the viewing area by this fence was quite muddy on the visitor side as well and I mucked up my new shoes, but that is the sacrifice we photographers make. ;)

I cleaned off my shoes in the sink in my Paris hotel that night.
    • ro6ca66
      Thanks for the extra info! Yes, I do sometimes wonder what others must think when I wander out of a zoo at the end of the day, plastered in mud! It's usually worth it though! :D
    • amur leopard
      I see you made the most of your time at your favourite place on Earth... excellent photo :)
    • Arizona Docent
      @amur leopard Thank you. This was my most recent visit and also my shortest - only half a day. On my first visit (2009) I spent one full day, my second visit (2010) two full days, and my third visit (2013) three and a half days. My last couple Euro trips, however, I have not made it there at all.

Edit - I should note the website on the corner is no longer active, so please anyone who sees that on my older photos don't try to visit. My new website is in the signature associated with my user name.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Le Parc des Félins
    Uploaded By:
    Arizona Docent
    Date:
    25 Mar 2015
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    226.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1000px
    Height:
    800px
    Aperture:
    f/4.0
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS 5D Mark III
    Date / Time:
    2015:03:02 07:34:31
    Exposure Time:
    1/800 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    280 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).