Join our zoo community
Chlidonias

kagu (Rhynochetos jubatus)

Riviere Bleue national park, August 2010. This park is the last stronghold for the kagu, holding over half the remaining wild population. This particular individual has its territory around the Pont Germain picnic area and campsite, and over the last ten years has got quite used to people so long as they are respectful of its presence. Unfortunately he only came out to feed in the late afternoon whilst I was there so I couldn't get any really good photos in the failing light.

kagu (Rhynochetos jubatus)
Chlidonias, 18 Aug 2010
UngulateNerd92 likes this.
    • Chlidonias
      Riviere Bleue national park, August 2010. This park is the last stronghold for the kagu, holding over half the remaining wild population. This particular individual has its territory around the Pont Germain picnic area and campsite, and over the last ten years has got quite used to people so long as they are respectful of its presence. Unfortunately he only came out to feed in the late afternoon whilst I was there so I couldn\'t get any really good photos in the failing light.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    New Caledonia - Wildlife
    Uploaded By:
    Chlidonias
    Date:
    18 Aug 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    215.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1064px
    Make:
    PENTAX Corporation
    Model:
    PENTAX *ist DL
    Date / Time:
    2010:08:10 17:58:36
    Exposure Time:
    1/30 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    0 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).