Join our zoo community
Rick J

Keajaiban

Keajaiban, or 'Kea' for short, taken on her 1st birthday.

Keajaiban
Rick J, 9 Jun 2014
    • Rick J
      Keajaiban, or \'Kea\' for short, taken on her 1st birthday.
    • Pertinax
      Gigit will want to kidnap this baby...
    • Gigit
      Absolutely beautiful, even with the moustache ;)

Interesting to see the differences between her and and the two Bornean infants at Paignton - colouring for a start.
    • Gigit
      Rick - are you able to keep the two mothers together?
    • Pertinax
      Lots of white hair on the face, armpits and groin areas. Much brighter Orange too. Bornean babies generally darker skinned and 'bluer' looking.
    • Gigit
      Yes. Paignton's youngest, 6 month old Natalia, has almost translucent grey/blue skin. One thing they do all have in common is the wild, vertical hairstyle!
    • Rick J
      The white/blonde facial hair is peculiar to Dagu's offspring, or so a keeper told me once (might be true!).

Gigit, yes, at various points all of our orangs are mixed with one another... we vary it to hopefully keep things interesting for them, but for the most part, the mums and babies like being in the same section whenever possible. Jantho and Kea play together now too. I'll upload an image shortly.

R
    • Gigit
      It sounds like an ideal situation :)
    • Pertinax
      Possibly they are the only ones like that produced at Jersey, but I have seen quite a few other Sumatran infants that look like this. Some adult males even sport pure white beards also- they look very impressive like that.
    • Rick J
      Wow, are there any in captivity?
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust
    Uploaded By:
    Rick J
    Date:
    9 Jun 2014
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    332.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1500px
    Height:
    1600px
    Aperture:
    f/5.6
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D7000
    Date / Time:
    2014:06:09 13:04:23
    Exposure Time:
    1/200 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    300 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).