Join our zoo community
zoogiraffe

Kellen`s Dwarf Dormouse

Kellen`s Dwarf Dormouse
zoogiraffe, 1 Jan 2016
JigerofLemuria likes this.
    • LaughingDove
      Nice to see that this species is still around in Europe! :)
    • TeaLovingDave
      I'll have to get some of my photographs up too.
    • Macaw16
      Having just contacted North Anston (and receiving poor service :p), I have been informed these are actually Woodland Dormice (Graphiurus murinus), not Kellen's.

As a side note, when I added Asian Garden Dormouse (Eliomys melanurus) to zootierliste, I must have recalled my memory wrong, possibly getting confused with somewhere else I saw the species, so sorry about that.
    • TeaLovingDave
      As kellens dormouse used to be classed as a ssp of murinus i think it is pretty reasonable for north anston to ID the former as the latter; however there were enough of us present and viewing the taxon who are familiar with what murinus looks like in order to know this wasn't murinus!

Also, you must REALLY hate being told you are wrong in order to go out of your way to try to prove you were somehow right several months down the line :p
    • Macaw16
      Nice to hear that they are actually Kellen's.

I wasn't trying to prove myself right, and anyway the email I sent to them was mainly about something else.
    • TeaLovingDave
      Fair enough :)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Tropical Butterfly House
    Uploaded By:
    zoogiraffe
    Date:
    1 Jan 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    186.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/2.9
    Make:
    FUJIFILM
    Model:
    FinePix E510
    Date / Time:
    2015:12:28 16:40:55
    Exposure Time:
    10/600 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    4.7 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).