Atractaspis sp.
    • jayjds2
      Was this species on exhibit?
    • Batto
      Yepp
      jayjds2 likes this.
    • Chlidonias
    • Batto
      I was actually close to obtaining one for WdG, but the seller withdraw his offer in the end, for no apparent reason. Stiletto snakes randomly pop up on the exotic pet market. They're hard to handle, and a friend of mine who got bitten during venom extraction still stresses how painful and mean the effect of their venom can be.
    • lintworm
      @Batto Is there a safe way to handle them at all with their fangs even with gloves?
    • Batto
      @lintworm: Iet's say that I have seen experienced snake handlers have a hard time handling them. Their defense mode is really odd. ^^It is possible to handle them, however, and the original Hexamor 3180 model gloves seem to offer a certain protection (yet not 100% foolproof) against their fangs.
      I wonder whether more ZooChatters would visit me if I kept one...;)
      jayjds2 likes this.
    • jayjds2
      For those wondering, this is Atractaspis microlepidota, according to the zoo’s sign. Sadly I didn’t get as great a view or photo as above!
      Chlidonias and Batto like this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Kentucky Reptile Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Batto
    Date:
    3 May 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    286.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1067px
    Aperture:
    f/5.6
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D3100
    Date / Time:
    2016:04:16 23:53:43
    Exposure Time:
    10/600 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    105 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).