Kilimanjaro Safaris

Dec 2008. Elephant by the large pool.

Kilimanjaro Safaris
snowleopard, 16 Dec 2008
DelacoursLangur likes this.
    • snowleopard
      Dec 2008. Elephant by the large pool.
    • Dan
      Damn it - again, looking closely, I observe the hotwire! So much for elephants roaming free in lush enclosures at DAK - the thought that I have earlier been so fascinated by. Turns out it was Disney-Make-Belive after all.

I should have known that.
    • BlackRhino
      Dan there is nothing wrong with hot-wire. If their were not hot-wire the exhibit would be turned into an ugly dust-bowl in a matter of minutes. Most zoos that do have hot-wire give the elephants extra trees to destroy for enrichment. The elephant exhibit at DAK is very nice, but I would rather look at for 30-40 minutes instead of a few seconds (Yes, I do look at elephants for 40 minutes when I go to the zoo). I still like SDWAP's enclosure better for a few reasons. 1) I can look as long as I want 2) They have African and Asians 3) The total space is more spread out rather than winding around hot-wire patches 4) They defy the view of an animal-rights activist that elephants can only live to be in their 40's in zoos but at SDWAP they have an asian elephant named Sunita who is 60 years old.
      Kakapo likes this.
    • CZJimmy
      Dan, you really are a 'glass-half-empty' person aren't you? ;)
    • Dan
      Yeah... I guess I know that your arguments about hotwire makes perfect sense. I just got trapped by the "Disney magic", I suppose.

And I totally understand your arguments concerning SDWAP.

But, hey.... do you only watch the elephants for 30-40 minutes? I spend at least one and a half hours watching elephants! ;)
    • Dan
      Might be....
    • BlackRhino
      haha I could spend an hour and a half too. In October when I went to Busch gardens I stopped by the elephants twice, a half hour the first time and an hour the second time.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Disney's Animal Kingdom® Park
    Uploaded By:
    snowleopard
    Date:
    16 Dec 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    424.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/4.7
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-TZ5
    Date / Time:
    2008:12:03 08:19:20
    Exposure Time:
    10/5000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 160
    Focal Length:
    15.2 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).