Join our zoo community
gentle lemur

Killer whale at Dudley

'Cuddles', 4th June 1973. Apologies for the quality of this image. Alan

Killer whale at Dudley
gentle lemur, 14 Feb 2008
    • gentle lemur
      'Cuddles', 4th June 1973.

Apologies for the quality of this image.

Alan
    • EvilKittie
      that pictures looks fine GL!
    • jimbob951
      Do you have an idea which enclosure cuddles was located?
    • gentle lemur
      I know it was one of the pools now used for sealions, but as it is about 30 years since I visited Dudley I am afraid I cannot be more specific.

Alan
    • TeaLovingDave
      As you stand looking towards the castle from the bridge over the moat, the old Killer Whale enclosure comprised the right-hand portion of the current sealion enclosure.
    • Parrotsandrew
      Er Dave, the Killer Whale pool was on the left as you faced the castle, the Dolphin pool was on the right - as per the map I have posted.
    • TeaLovingDave
      Yep, my mistake - I was reading the map incorrectly and 28 and 29 got swapped in my head :p
    • Parrotsandrew
      I should also have mentioned "as Brum described on the other photo" - sorry Brum. The book "Dolphins - Kings of the sea" has some good photographs of Cuddles being moved into the pool (I think John Dineley may have them on his site too) with David Taylor and Don Robinson in attendance.
    • Brum
      It's cool, the question has been asked on two different photo's and I didn't fancy answering it twice. :D
    • ungulate nerd
      Was cuddles the only Orca whale at the Dudley Zoo ?
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Dudley Zoological Gardens
    Uploaded By:
    gentle lemur
    Date:
    14 Feb 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    83.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).