Join our zoo community
Dhole dude

Kingdom of the Night - Green Tree Python/Amazon Milky Frog/Magnificent Tree Frog

Kingdom of the Night - Green Tree Python/Amazon Milky Frog/Magnificent Tree Frog
Dhole dude, 22 Oct 2021
UngulateNerd92 likes this.
    • CheeseChameleon1945
      This is so nostalgic just Looking at this. I need to get back here soon!!!
      Really wish this was my home zoo.
    • Dhole dude
      @CheeseChameleon1945 that’s not the first thing I would think when looking at this, but you should definitely consider visiting soon! Even in lower temperatures, many of the animals are outside, including some pretty rare species (such as the only Togo Slippery Frogs on display down the hall from these!)
    • Moebelle
      @Dhole dude Going off of our conversation regarding cold weather, being told I would see many species no matter the conditions - I didn't see a single animal that you wouldn't expect to be out (I saw sea lions, flamingos, and most of what lives in the Asian Highlands)
    • CheeseChameleon1945
      @Dhole dude Yes, I have visited this place multiple times(I have grandparents that live an hour away), So Visiting in the Colder months once didn't bothered me before when I went around this time (maybe October?) and I didn't see any of the Savannah animals but I never really was interested in those when I was younger but of course I'll try to visit.
      Unfortunately of course the cases are rising in Minnesota (specifically my area) so Travel has been limited to things other than visiting my relatives briefly a couple weeks ago. I'm even struggling to get go to a Movie theater to see the new Ghostbusters movie, because my hesitation on rising cases has been prevalent throughout my noggin. I am going to the Relatives who live an hour away this next week for fall break, and I (as usual) am considering going to Omaha, My all time favorite zoo. However ordeals such as wildlife exploring, socializing with my cousins, (etc.) has left me more doubtful and less hopeful of going.
      Really saddening, Last time I went here was summer of 2019, before making almost yearly visits before that. Next year one thing I have been greatly considering is going away for a Month during the summer to get a job for a little cash at my grandparents farm, and Maybe If I have time once in that month I can try to get to the zoo if this Thanksgiving doesn't work out.
      But yeah as you can probably tell from the way I'm writing this place is super nostalgic to me. I mean Desert dome, Lied jungle, The aquarium, and Kingdoms of the night were my favorite places to be when I was younger, period. I also was excited enough to see the Cat Building, which I now hate, but when your young I didn't really register the horribleness of that exhibit much.
      I hope to revisit someday, but note this is all in my head, and It hasn't become anywhere near a reality as of yet.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Dhole dude
    Date:
    22 Oct 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    990.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4032px
    Height:
    3024px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).