Join our zoo community
David Matos Mendes

Koala exhibit - São Paulo aquarium

The aquarium used to keep three koalas: A couple and their daughter, who was born there. I could only see a single individual.

Koala exhibit - São Paulo aquarium
David Matos Mendes, 28 Oct 2020
Nix likes this.
    • David Matos Mendes
      The aquarium used to keep three koalas: A couple and their daughter, who was born there. I could only see a single individual.
    • Nix
      Are the koalas still present at the Aquarium?
      I heard that the new Cotia Zoo might be getting Koalas, quite exciting!
    • David Matos Mendes
      @Nix
      As far as I know, the koalas are still present at the institution; and yes, I've heard the Cotia zoo, wich is owned by the same company that rules São Paulo aquarium, is indeed gonna bring some koalas. 4 or 5 of them will be brought, if I'm not wrong. If you're interested, some fellow other brazilian zoochatters have been talking about it on the thread I created for said institution:
      Parque de Cotia (new zoo in São Paulo)
      Nix likes this.
    • Nix
      M@David Matos Mendes I’ve been following the thread for quite a while now, Animalia park looks like it is going to be great!
      Do you know from where the koalas are going to be arriving?
    • David Matos Mendes
      @Nix
      Indeed, it seems like it's gonna be one of the most well structured zoos in the country and I would dare to say in Latin America too...
      About the koalas, if I had to guess, I'd say they might come from Darling Downs zoo in Australia. That's where the aquarium obtained most (if not all) of it's australian collection, and also where they'll bring the Animalia's new wombat.
      Nix likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    São Paulo Aquarium
    Uploaded By:
    David Matos Mendes
    Date:
    28 Oct 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    1.7 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4160px
    Height:
    3120px
    Aperture:
    f/2.0
    Make:
    motorola
    Model:
    moto g(6) play
    Date / Time:
    2020:10:24 16:22:50
    Exposure Time:
    1/30 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 160
    Focal Length:
    3.519 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).