Join our zoo community
Blackduiker

Lady Amherst's Pheasant - At Last!

Lady Amherst's Pheasant - At Last!
Blackduiker, 21 Jun 2010
    • Blackduiker
      Maybe someone that's a regular at the L.A. Zoo can answer for me, with this being my first pheasant sighting. On that particular day, there was no sign of the Francois' Langurs anywhere. So I was wondering, is it a policy to rotate the pheasants and langurs on exhibit separately? Has anyone ever seen them out together? I know the muntjac is always on display, as he was this day; spotted by my son's keen eyes. But I wanted my son to also see the langurs, since he hasn't been since their habitat opened. And we checked twice with no luck.
    • mstickmanp
      They are not rotated, as I've seen the pheasants in with Langurs together. When I was at the zoo this past saturday I did not see the Langurs on exhibit, but that is partly because it was before the zoo opened and their exhibit was being cleaned.
    • Blackduiker
      Blackduiker

Thanks for your response, and I figured they should all be on display simultaneously. But this was mid afternoon, and maybe they were just taking refuge from the afternoon heat, which was about 91 degrees Fahrenheit by the time we were leaving at about 3:30PM.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Los Angeles Zoo & Botanical Gardens
    Uploaded By:
    Blackduiker
    Date:
    21 Jun 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count: