Join our zoo community
Newzooboy

Lar Gibbon Island (within Asiatic Black Bear Reserve) - Oct 2019

Lar Gibbon Island (within Asiatic Black Bear Reserve) - Oct 2019
Newzooboy, 16 Oct 2019
DelacoursLangur likes this.
    • Onychorhynchus coronatus
      Are the gibbons actually kept within the bear enclosure on the island ? or is it just a thematic area called "black bear reserve" ?
      @Newzooboy Do you know how it works out ? Is there conflict between the two species?

I'm just interested because I would never have imagined how a mixed exhibit like this could actually function
    • Newzooboy
      I'm not sure......we drove though the whole reserve in about 5 minutes.

The gibbons are separated from the bears by the moat (i.e. the gibbons cannot leave the island). The set-up suggested also that the bears were restricted from entering the moat....certainly there were no bears anywhere in the vicinity. But I didn't see any physical barrier for the bears. The reserve was very big though, even for 40+ bears so maybe they just stay away?
      @Newzooboy Thank you for the information.

Well, thats a really odd set-up. I would imagine that a moat would not be any kind of deterant for a bear let alone 40 of them and as they are extremely curious animals I can imagine they would investigate other creatures living within the enclosure.
    • Newzooboy
      I'm not sure either...maybe the water is too deep to allow them to get up onto the island.....
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Zoosafari Fasano
    Uploaded By:
    Newzooboy
    Date:
    16 Oct 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    6.8 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    5184px
    Height:
    3456px
    Aperture:
    f/8.0
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS REBEL T3i
    Date / Time:
    2019:10:06 09:05:14
    Exposure Time:
    1/200 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    18 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).