Join our zoo community
TinoPup

Lehigh Valley - Louie the Gray Fox

Lehigh Valley - Louie the Gray Fox
TinoPup, 17 Sep 2019
    • zoo_enthusiast
      I know that the zoo labels this animal “the gray fox”, but this looks like a color mutation of a common red fox
      TinoPup likes this.
    • birdsandbats
      This is a Red Fox.
    • TinoPup
      @zoo_enthusiast Thanks, I didn't know that, though I did think his coloring was off; assumed it was because of the seasons changing.
      @birdsandbats as zoo enthusiast indicated, all signage at the zoo, their website, etc labels him as a grey fox, with info pertaining to that species.
    • TinoPup
      I added a photo of the enclosure sign to the gallery.
    • TeaLovingDave
      For comparison:

[​IMG]
      TinoPup likes this.
    • TinoPup
      @TeaLovingDave Thanks, I should have known that's what they look like. So it isn't really the coloring that's off, it's the entire body structure, especially the face. They look more like a kit fox than a red fox.
    • Great Argus
      I might have a photo of a Red and Gray side by side, I'll see if I can find it.
    • CarLover
      I have no idea why the Lehigh Valley Zoo has a silver red fox as a different species. I went in February before the COVID madness and was not very amused by the zoo.
    • TinoPup
      @CarLover He's not a silver, he's a "cross" coloration. I have no idea why the insist on calling him a gray, though. What do you mean by not amused?
    • CarLover
      @TinoPup I thought it would've been bigger and more impressive. The only thing I really enjoyed were the river otters.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Lehigh Valley Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    TinoPup
    Date:
    17 Sep 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    4.3 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4032px
    Height:
    2268px
    Aperture:
    f/1.7
    Make:
    samsung
    Model:
    SM-G955U
    Date / Time:
    2019:09:14 10:16:46
    Exposure Time:
    1/60 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 160
    Focal Length:
    4.25 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).