Join our zoo community
ThylacineAlive

Lemur Leaf Frog Terrarium

Lemur Leaf Frog Terrarium
ThylacineAlive, 2 Jun 2019
AWP likes this.
    • ThylacineAlive
      Lemur Leaf Frog terrarium. March 13, 2019.
    • AWP
      This is a species I really want to see. I've contributed to the Manchester Museum's Lemur Leaf Frog project some years ago, but never saw it in any zoo. None of the ranariums I visited in Costa Rica and Panama kept it.

I was expected to see it at the Vattenmuseum in Stockholm last year, but this aquarium closed permanently just a few days before my arrival in Sweden... ZTL listed Lemur Leaf Frog for Köln and Antwerpen, but I guess the frogs were kept off show as they weren't anywhere to see.
    • gentle lemur
      @AWP As they are nocturnal they are very hard to see in a zoo exhibit. I peered into many vivaria in various collections before @devilfish pointed one out to me at Newquay.
      devilfish likes this.
    • jayjds2
      It took me years to see my first. I’d recommend taking some time to study the undersides of leaves in any exhibit they’re in. That’s where they’ll usually be found.
    • ThylacineAlive
      @AWP as Jay said, they like to sleep on the underside of leaves. I personally like this species a lot, and hope their inactivity doesn't turn zoos off of them moving forward.

~Thylo
    • AWP
      Being nocturnal isn't really a problem. For example, Artis keeps the related red-eyed tree frog in a darkened terrarium and this works quite well. Sometimes the frogs are sleeping, but often at least one of them is more of less active.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Atlanta Botanical Gardens
    Uploaded By:
    ThylacineAlive
    Date:
    2 Jun 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    6.6 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    5184px
    Height:
    3456px
    Aperture:
    f/4.0
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS REBEL T5
    Date / Time:
    2018:03:14 09:01:15
    Exposure Time:
    1/100 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 3200
    Focal Length:
    75 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).