Join our zoo community
vogelcommando

leopard cat

2 pairs of this nowadays very rarely kept species in western Europe are kept here and are breeding

leopard cat
vogelcommando, 13 Jan 2013
    • vogelcommando
      2 pairs of this nowadays very rarely kept species in western Europe are kept here and are breeding
    • TeaLovingDave
      A lovely photo of a lovely species - and if I am not mistaken, I believe all the individuals held at this collection are pure Indochinese Leopard Cat (Prionailurus bengalensis bengalensis)
    • vogelcommando
      At least at Zootierliste they are said to be so.
    • Arizona Docent
      Very nice. What other small cats did you see there?
    • vogelcommando
      It's a very small collection with a lot of birds and a few mammals. From the small cats they only have the Leopard cats and the 2 Fishing cat-males.
      They obtained a small piece of extra land next to the park and they plan to house some more asiatic ( indonesian ) species. High on their list is a small group of Javan monkeys.
    • vogelcommando
      By the way : how is the Leopard cat doing in the USA, are there many keepers and are the animals pure-bred subspecies ?
    • TeaLovingDave
      According to my year-old copies of the ISIS records of the species - copied before the site went private access....

Exotic Feline Breeding Compound in California has 0.1 Prionailurus bengalensis, and this is the only record of any form of Leopard Cat in the USA.

However, in terms of North America as a whole, Mountain View Conservation & Breeding, British Columbia has 2.0 Prionailurus bengalensis bengalensis - purebred Indochinese Leopard Cat - and 3.1 Prionailurus bengalensis euptilurus - the Amur Leopard Cat

This, of course, does not rule out private breeding of the species.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Dierenpark Taman Indonesia
    Uploaded By:
    vogelcommando
    Date:
    13 Jan 2013
    View Count:
    Comment Count: