Tags:
leopard
KEEPER, 28 Aug 2008
    • Cat-Man
      are they pure bred african leopards?
    • dragon(ele)nerd
      I love this photo great angle,
    • lintworm
      They have got 2 sri-lankan leopards and a black zoomix leopard.
    • KEEPER
      ^^
      Well, " from where are the leopards?,this is "not sure "ISIS said that from Sri Lanka, but in reality Bioparc there is only African animals, and the information panels the species are ( Panthera pardus [/ I]), not ( P. p.kotiya [/ I]), I think that maybe ISIS has an error.:)
    • Jana
      The animal on the picture is a Sri Lanka Leopard, he looks exactly as all those Sri Lanka leopards I´ve seen so far.

Also, Brno Zoo (Czech rep.) received a Sri Lanka leopard tomcat ´Arnold´ from Valencia Bioparc last year.
    • Toddy
      I will also vote Sri Lankan leopard on this one. It looks just like this leopard that I saw in Emmen Zoo. They also keep their leopards in their African section even though they are Sri Lankan.
    • KEEPER
      Arnold came to Brno from Fuengirola Zoo not from Bioparc Valencia:)

for more information see:

http://www.zoofuengirola.com/imagzoo/Anuario07.pdf

page 3 "Mammals"

Those whiskers are so long, it´s a hallmark of the sub-species?
    • Jana
      Strange - I can clearly remember reading a Brno´s press release where they stated they´d picked him up at Valencia. Maybe a mistake...
    • aim_foliksta
    • lintworm
      @KEEPER, I heard at a dutch zooforum that someone said "straight from the source" that Valencia keeps Sri Lankan leopards.

+this animal looks the same as the ones in Burgers' Zoo.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Bioparc Valencia
    Uploaded By:
    KEEPER
    Date:
    28 Aug 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    311.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).