Join our zoo community
Sicarius

Lesser grison (Galictis cuja)

Lesser grison (Galictis cuja)
Sicarius, 19 Jul 2018
    • AWP
      Good to know it's on display. I've plans for visiting Volkel, Best and maybe De Paay this summer on a day trip. Any news on the African civets? (I never saw them on my previous visits).
    • Kakapo
      Very nice! I tought in do this zoo in my planned zootour for september Mega zoo tour at Netherlands but just only for the grison, I think that don't worth the effort for a single species - being many other zoos that fulfill the time of visit!
    • Sicarius
      AWP: it his on display for a while now. Always very good to see, but a bit harder to make pics because it's always running around hahahah. Visiting volkel, de paay and best is awesome, you'll see many great species in these small zoos. The african civets in de paay are still on show, but they are always hidden. I never saw one myself... Hopefully, you have some more luck!

Kakapo: You can choose ofcourse. De Paay doesn't have many rare species except for the african civets and the lesser grison. In the Netherlands are soooooo many great collections and also here in Belgium we have some great zoos. Zoos you should really visit are burgers' zoo and pairi daiza!
      AWP likes this.
    • Sicarius
      While typing this, Bestzoo, faunapark Flakkee and De Paay just announced that the three zoos just received Siberian weasels (Mustela sibirica). A new great species what makes the decision a bit easier Kakapo ;)
      For now, they are still behind the scenes
      Kakapo likes this.
    • Kakapo
      Ohh! Thanks for the info! Tough being behind the scenes is for me like don't having them.
    • Sicarius
      I just talked myself behind the scenes in that zoo ahahah
    • Kakapo
      You can do it easily, just asking any keeper? I prefair the grison to the weasel however...
    • Sicarius
      The grison is just in a normal exhibit, and 99% change he's outside and very easy to photograph :)
      If you stand in front of the crested caracara-exhibit, there is a small road on the right. There you will see a window. Look through it and if the weasels are still behind the scenes, you will see them through the glass
      But please don't make a picture of them, the zoo will have problems when the photos are posted online
    • Kakapo
      Ah OK. If I can't take a picture I prefair to not see the weasel, because getting photos of new species is my almost only reason to visit zoos :) Thanks for the info!
    • Sicarius
      hahahah I would say exactly the same thing xD
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Uilen- en Dierenpark "de Paay"
    Uploaded By:
    Sicarius
    Date:
    19 Jul 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    203.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    2048px
    Height:
    1365px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).