Join our zoo community
Hyak_II

Lion Enclosure (full view)

This one houses a pair

Lion Enclosure (full view)
Hyak_II, 26 Nov 2020
    • snowleopard
      This small enclosure looks as if it was patched together via duct tape and chicken wire! This tiny zoo (9 acres) is one that I've never visited and that's probably a good thing because the lion exhibits and Sulawesi macaque cage all look rather ghastly.
    • TNT
      @snowleopard If I wasn't paying attention, I would have thought you were commenting on a British Zoo! ;):p

("duct tape and chicken wire!") :eek:
      snowleopard likes this.
    • Hyak_II
      @snowleopard Sadly that's not far from the truth for most of their big cat enclosures!

I'm not going to lie, I was actually a bit nervous walking through a portion of the zoo, I was the only person around, and lots of these exhibits seem to have questionable containment strength at best. Couple that with a fairly healthy prey drive from the lions (the female at the front of the exhibit in this photo rushed the fence at me when I turned around a few moments before I took this), and it wouldn't be hard to imagine a motivated lion being able to escape and cause some havoc!
      snowleopard likes this.
    • David Matos Mendes
      Am I the only here imagining how easy it would be for an angry lion to destroy these thin wooden rafters?
      snowleopard likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Killman Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Hyak_II
    Date:
    26 Nov 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    11.8 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    6000px
    Height:
    4000px
    Aperture:
    f/4.0
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS Rebel T6i
    Date / Time:
    2019:10:05 09:21:38
    Exposure Time:
    1/40 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    18 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).