Join our zoo community
snowleopard

Lions - Melbourne Zoo

June 2007.

Lions - Melbourne Zoo
snowleopard, 23 Jun 2008
    • Animaldude
      they have 4 brothers. What are the names of the brothers?
    • PAT
      I can help you with the wild dogs...Harry, Barry, Larry and I can't think of the last one (use your imagination 'cos it rhymes but I really can't think of what it is) and they are all brothers too.
    • Baldur
      One of my favourite lion exhibits!
    • Arizona Docent
      An all male coalition of full-maned lions. I like it!
    • Blackduiker
      They look quite comfy too!
    • Jabiru96
      Appearances can be deceiving. There are a few videos on YouTube of the males getting into aggressive fights.
    • snowleopard
      This photo shows the covered bridge that is deemed a "walk-through" feature of the exhibit. Lion Park opened in 1967 and I wonder if the bridge is a unique feature of this zoo as I cannot recall seeing another carnivore viewing area patterned on it. Is there a separate exhibit on the far side of the bridge? If I remember correctly it had African wild dogs in it on my 2007 visit.
    • Zoofan15
      @Animaldude Zuri, Chaka, Harare and Moja. They were born in a litter of 5.1 at Melbourne Zoo to Tsavo and Jespah 31/12/2000. The males are now all deceased; while the female (Jarrah) is at Werribee Open Range Zoo.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Melbourne Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    snowleopard
    Date:
    23 Jun 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    341.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/5.0
    Make:
    NIKON
    Model:
    COOLPIX L1
    Date / Time:
    2007:06:05 09:46:10
    Exposure Time:
    10/3948 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 200
    Focal Length:
    29.8 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).