Join our zoo community
Zebraduiker

Little Blue Penguin Exhibit

This exhibit was used for king penguins, many, many years ago. Itw as empty for several years, until the zoo got the little blues.

Little Blue Penguin Exhibit
Zebraduiker, 16 Feb 2009
    • Zebraduiker
      This exhibit was used for king penguins, many, many years ago. Itw as empty for several years, until the zoo got the little blues.
    • okapikpr
      Id be a little worried about that space heater in there.
    • Zebraduiker
      It looks fantastic, not true ? It was the only way to heat the exhibit...
    • okapikpr
      I not worried to much of its appearance...Ive just had too many incidents/injuries with a space heater.
    • snowleopard
      Wow, what an ugly exhibit. I'm not sure which is worse: the wall, ceiling and steel fence for visitors of the fake-looking penguin habitat. Ugh.
    • Toddy
      The little blue penguins also have a decent outdoor exhibit. A bit too much cement but a nice-sized pool.
    • reduakari
      truly awful
    • Zebraduiker
      I don't agree with snowleoaprd and red uakari, because the penguins doing very well in this exhibit, the birds are looking very good and are healthy and they are not intretsted in the heater, so nothing happens. And, this exhibit is just temporary, the little ones will get a new exhibit within the next couple of years.

Interetsting is, the vistors are not interetsed in this little penguins, altough the zoow as full at sunday, just a few vistors were watching them for a few seconds, most of them said"Oh, look, baby-Penguins"(by the way, what is a"baby-Penguin?A hybrid between baby and penguin ? ,I know only Penguinchicks.)
    • Sun Wukong
      Let's all agree that from the aesthetic, contemporary zoofan point of view, this exhibit isn't really a feast for the eyes. Yet I can confirm what Zebraduiker wrote: the Penguins appear to be content with it.
    • snowleopard
      @Zebraduiker: you brought up an intriguing point in regards to the baby penguin ideas that visitors have. Seeing little penguins at many zoos around Australia, it seemed as if some people struggled to comprehend why an entire exhibit would be filled with so-called baby penguins. I bet that some visitors never did realize that they were looking at the world's smallest penguin species!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Cologne Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Zebraduiker
    Date:
    16 Feb 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    85.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    600px
    Aperture:
    f/2.8
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-FZ28
    Date / Time:
    2009:02:15 13:28:40
    Exposure Time:
    10/300 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 160
    Focal Length:
    4.8 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).