Join our zoo community
TNT

Living Coasts - Day of closure 15/06/2020

Living Coasts - Day of closure 15/06/2020
TNT, 15 Jun 2020
Corbett477, Osedax, Kalaw and 22 others like this.
    • Cat-Man
      Fantastic photo.
      TNT likes this.
    • pachyderm pro
      My knowledge in regards to the zoos of Great Britain has always been rather limited, but Living Coasts was a collection that has always stood out in my mind. I am incredibly saddened to hear of its impending closure. Absolutely wonderful picture of a soon to be remnant of the past.
      Cat-Man and TNT like this.
    • Coelacanth18
      Indeed; a grand view of a wonderful facility. Awesome image for Living Coasts to be remembered by.
      Gibbon05 and TNT like this.
    • Gibbon05
      End of an era :(
      TNT likes this.
    • Brum
      Genuinely gutted this place has gone, some good memories of family holidays. I had tentative plans to return before the end of the year but alas, not going to happen now. :(
      TNT and Gibbon05 like this.
    • Ursus
      Which birds lived in here?
    • Prochilodus246
      @Ursus

Over the years they had:

Macaroni penguin, Bank cormorant, Tufted puffin, Inca tern, Pied avocet, Eurasian oystercatcher, Black legged kittiwake, Spectacled eider, Bearded reedling, African penguin, Ruff, Red legged kittiwake, Common redshank, Common guillemot (murre), King eider, Pigeon guillemot (murre), Black necked stilt, Green winged teal, Black tailed godwit, Common tern, Barrow’s goldeneye & Caspian tern
      I also have a questions of my own:
      What happened to the guillemots, kittiwakes and tufted puffins?
      Osedax, Ursus and TNT like this.
    • TNT
      Ursus likes this.
    • Prochilodus246
      Thank you very much @ThomasNotTom and phew, I thought they were going to be euthanized.

Also, I have found where the puffins & common guillemots went but nothing for the pigeon guillemot. Did it die out? Zootierliste shows one individual was alive in 2013 but on average guillemots can live to at least 20 and 9 chicks were said to have hatched in 2012
      Ursus and pangolin12 like this.
    • pangolin12
      @Prochilodus246 the pigeon guillemot was certainly not present at the time of closure so I’d assume it died
      Ursus likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Living Coasts (Closed)
    Uploaded By:
    TNT
    Date:
    15 Jun 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    6.4 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    3968px
    Height:
    2976px
    Aperture:
    f/1.6
    Make:
    HUAWEI
    Model:
    BLA-L09
    Date / Time:
    2020:06:15 13:47:33
    Exposure Time:
    1029000/1000000000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 50
    Focal Length:
    3.95 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).