Join our zoo community
Baldur

London Zoo 2002 - Asiatic Small-clawed Otter exhibit

London Zoo 2002 - Asiatic Small-clawed Otter exhibit
Baldur, 2 Jan 2011
    • Baldur
      Scanned photo from my visit in January 2002.

Asiatic Small-clawed Otter exhibit.
    • sooty mangabey
      This was indeed the old otter enclosure, lauded at its inception but by the time this photo was taken looking rather tatty. The land area was quite decent, but the pool - seen here - was bizarrely ugly. A new enclosure was built about 6 years ago, on this location; it was built along with a meerkat enclosure, for that old meerkat/short-clawed otter combo that any top zoo needs...
    • willtheman45
      The new otter enclosure is a big improvement in my opinion. It looks bigger and also looks better-I was surprised by how much the zo has changed in 7/8 years compared to these pictures.
    • SMR
      I remember reading somewhere that this either had, or was supposed to have glass instead of metal sides, and that the raised elevation afforded underwater viewing.
    • Chlidonias
      I was about to ask if the raised sides were meant to be viewing windows
    • BillyT
      they have underwater viewing,theres a set of steps you can sit on and view the otters underwater through a few panels of glass.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    ZSL London Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Baldur
    Date:
    2 Jan 2011
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    237.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1035px
    Date / Time:
    2010:12:06 00:15:26

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).