Join our zoo community
colobus

London Zoo february 1984

gaur

London Zoo february 1984
colobus, 30 Jan 2011
German Zoo World likes this.
    • FBBird
      Sorely missed, along with all the other cattle species that used to be here[although I believe they may still have Anoas].
    • Shirokuma
      Anoas are currently in the paddock at the end of the stork and ostrich house which has been extended to include the sea lion pool. They swap with the pygmy hippos for the summer.

This enclosure is now the okapi paddock if I'm correct.
    • Jordan-Jaguar97
      Are these the Gaur now at Whipsnade?
    • bongorob
      Probably not the same ones.
    • Maguari
      Indeed - the current Whipsnade animals are (if I'm right) and young male born at Whipsnade and a young female imported in the last 18 months or so.
    • Pertinax
      ... and I'm not sure either of the young male's parents were from the ZSL group either(maybe one of them was?)
    • johnstoni
      I never understood why the American Bison and Gaur didn't ever jump over the dividing barrier between the two enclosures, it literally was just a metre-high set of railings as you can see in the photo. There were adult bulls and mothers with calves of both gaur and bison at various points, I don't remember any apparent aggression between the two species.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    ZSL London Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    colobus
    Date:
    30 Jan 2011
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    195.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1078px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).