Join our zoo community
Pleistohorse

Long entry tunnel to ticket / admissions booths.

I imagine this works very well on extremely cold and crowded day?

Long entry tunnel to ticket / admissions booths.
Pleistohorse, 27 Nov 2022
KevinB and snowleopard like this.
    • snowleopard
      Calgary Zoo has quite the entrance! I've visited the facility a half-dozen times over the years (we have family in the city) and the parking lot is massive (1,800 spots) and then there is this incredibly long tunnel that goes beneath the highway. A visitor pops out at the end and almost immediately sees the famous penguin complex.
    • Pleistohorse
      @snowleopard the parking area was amazingly huge. I lost about 10 minutes walking down the wrong side of the hill. I will say for an out-of-town visitor…this zoo was hard to get too. Overall it reminded me very much of Denver’s Zoo. And I thought Calgary’s exhibit quality was overall very good (maybe the Hippo’s outside exhibit was the only one I generally thought was lacking), with the Amur Tiger exhibit above Henry Doorly Zoo’s and placed in my top three just behind the Minnesota Zoo’s and the Alaska Zoo’s Amur Tiger Exhibits.

Having said that…Calgary Zoo’s
      indoor Hippo Exhibit was probably the best of its type I’ve ever seen.
      snowleopard likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Calgary Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Pleistohorse
    Date:
    27 Nov 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    3.2 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4032px
    Height:
    3024px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).