Join our zoo community
devilfish

Loris photo props in Phuket, June 2013.

On the strip (Bangla Road) in Patong. Also visible are an iguana and another loris. I was very unhappy to see this, and decided to try to photograph each guy to help with their prosecution. I was repeatedly caught and told to delete the photos. Luckily I managed to keep one without them noticing. Not a great result but better than nothing. Things could also have been much worse for me so I decided to stop for the night before causing too much trouble. Photo taken on the 4th June 2013.

Loris photo props in Phuket, June 2013.
devilfish, 18 Aug 2013
    • devilfish
      On the strip (Bangla Road) in Patong. Also visible are an iguana and another loris.

I was very unhappy to see this, and decided to try to photograph each guy to help with their prosecution. I was repeatedly caught and told to delete the photos. Luckily I managed to keep one without them noticing. Not a great result but better than nothing. Things could also have been much worse for me so I decided to stop for the night before causing too much trouble.

Photo taken on the 4th June 2013.
    • stubeanz
    • vogelcommando
      Well done develfish ! Have you delivered the photo to the police and do you know if it resulted in something positive ?
    • devilfish
      Thanks guys but it's not a particularly good outcome. One photo isn't too helpful. Although there is some risk associated, it's nothing compared to those amazing people who risk everything to try and expose vast areas of the wildlife trade. I was going to try and help with such a project when in North Vietnam, but unfortunately we didn't make it in the end.
      I wrote a report outlining this and the use of gibbons as props on Koh Samui (with more photos), and sent this to a charity (Love Wildlife Foundation) who will use it to support their case and escalate my message.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Thailand - Other
    Uploaded By:
    devilfish
    Date:
    18 Aug 2013
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    225.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/3.3
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-TZ20
    Date / Time:
    2013:06:04 20:34:36
    Exposure Time:
    10/600 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    4.3 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).