Join our zoo community
Fossa dude

Los Angeles Zoo

Red Ukari. Its not my best but its my favorite pic cuz there so rare.

Los Angeles Zoo
Fossa dude, 16 Jan 2011
    • Fossa dude
      Red Ukari. Its not my best but its my favorite pic cuz there so rare.
    • foz
      what is the status of the uakari at LA zoo? and what the plans for them (if there is any)?

Thank you
    • Baldur
      ISIS lists 1.2 and they have not bred for years, far as I know, Mstickmanp or Blackduiker might know what the future plan is.

I'm aware of that a certain collection is interested in bringing in a group, but how close they're to the goal or if it will happen at all in the end remains to be seen.

I'll assume the photo is not so good because you had to take it from a distance? I was there in 2003 and they were in one of the old roundhouses, which was sealed off from visitors. I took some nice photos, which I have uploaded, but I was in the company of one of their curators, which is why I got to go so close.
    • mstickmanp
      Yeah, the zoo does have 1.2 but there is no plan to breed them because of the age of the animals. I've been told that the monkeys are up in that exhibit (old China Pavilion, which once held Giant Pandas and I believe Golden Monkeys) because of the male's aggressiveness towards male humans. This may explain why their roundhouse was closed off when Baldur went.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Los Angeles Zoo & Botanical Gardens
    Uploaded By:
    Fossa dude
    Date:
    16 Jan 2011
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    281.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1067px
    Aperture:
    f/5.6
    Make:
    SONY
    Model:
    DSLR-A500
    Date / Time:
    2010:09:08 12:57:37
    Exposure Time:
    1/500 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 500
    Focal Length:
    200 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).