Lympne Snow leopard

Lympne Snow leopard
Paradoxurus, 11 Mar 2008
    • Cat-Man
      thats at howletts
    • Paradoxurus
      No. Its Lympne.
    • James27
      Is it still used by Snow leopards? When I visited they were in an enclosure by the elephants.
    • Paradoxurus
      I couldn't comment as I haven't been to Lympne recently.
    • zootiger
      It is currently holding Marta, a snow leopard who was at howletts but came to port lympne. Blizzard currently is in a off show pen whilst Marta is on show near the entrance at base camp.
    • Shirokuma
      This is the old coati enclosure isn't it?
    • johnstoni.
      Yes I believe so. But the coatis were fairly recent additions - before they arrived, this enclosure housed snow leopards, including a hand-raised cub for some years. Before this, it was the black leopard cage, before they died out and snow leopards were housed here. Some years into the cage being used by snow leopards, it was rebuilt and the tall, wooden house in the centre of the cage was removed, and rocks were added.
    • zootiger
      After Marta's death, 3 scottish wild cats have been moved into here. They also have put lots of tall grass and plants in the exhibit now
    • Cat-Man
      So what's in the large enclosure near the elephants - Still Snow Leopards?
    • zootiger
      The main enclosure at basecamp used to have Marta a snow leopard but she died. It was then replaced by 3 scottish wild cats, which have now been moved to an enclosure in carnivore territory. There is now a pair of snow leopards in that basecamp enclosure.

And yes, near the elephant/cheetah area on the drive, there is another snow leopard enclosure which holds Blizzard and I believe another individual but I'm not entirely sure.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Port Lympne Wild Animal Park
    Uploaded By:
    Paradoxurus
    Date:
    11 Mar 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    120.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    640px
    Height:
    480px
    Aperture:
    f/2.8
    Make:
    FUJIFILM
    Model:
    FinePix A360
    Date / Time:
    2008:03:11 19:11:27
    Exposure Time:
    10/228 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    5.8 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).