Join our zoo community
animalman0341

Madagascar Exhibit

Walkthrough area - home to Ring-tailed & Red Ruffed Lemurs, Madagascar Teals & Radiated Tortoises.

Madagascar Exhibit
    • Mr Gharial
      Looks like an amazing exhibit! Better than some of the top zoo's lemur exhibits I've seen
    • animalman0341
      @Mr Gharial it truly is one of the best lemur exhibits I’ve ever seen! This was zoo #49 for me, and the only other dynamic, outdoor lemur exhibits that compare (and that I’ve seen in person) are Woodland Park’s lemur islands and Calgary Zoo’s Land of Lemurs. What’s even better about Bermuda’s exhibit is that it mixes Teals and Tortoises with the lemurs, fossa’s are separated by a mesh covering but are still part of the space, and panther chameleons, hog-nosed snakes, big-headed turtles, day geckos and mantella frogs all live in well furnished exhibits within the cave. This photo also only shows about half of the space available to the lemurs. They also have a rocky area up-top that mimics the Tsingy rock forests of western Madagascar, and a lush forest area that is home to the tortoises. In the middle of the photo is a pond with a waterfall that is home to the Teals. There are ropes overhead for the lemurs. I could honestly talk about this exhibit all day - it was a wonderful zoological surprise on a trip to paradise!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Bermuda Zoological Society
    Uploaded By:
    animalman0341
    Date:
    10 Jul 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    5.8 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4032px
    Height:
    3024px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).