Join our zoo community
Paradoxurus

Madrid raccoon enclosure

Quite one of the smallest Raccoon enclosures I've ever seen. In addition, the single animal is well within arm's reach of visitors.

Madrid raccoon enclosure
Paradoxurus, 11 Mar 2008
premierfong likes this.
    • Paradoxurus
      Quite one of the smallest Raccoon enclosures I've ever seen. In addition, the single animal is well within arm's reach of visitors.
    • James27
      Aw poor little thing :(
    • stretchedandy
      This likes like a drain pipe exit made into an enclosure, very sad indeed.
    • Cat-Man
      I Hate It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • aim_foliksta
      I was there 10 years ago and two racoons were in this small enclosure.
    • Dan
      This is so disgusting that I simply lack words.

Maybe this is not the right place, but... as we all know, Spain is notorious among the Western European Countries for its.... shall we say.... lack of compassion towards animals?

My chosen phrase is of course the understatement of the year and I would gladly use MUCH, MUCH stronger language, but this website is not necessarily the right place for such a debate so I´ll just leave it at that.

Though - if you´ll permit me - I can´t help but to mention that in the Nordic countries an enclosure like this would have been shut down at once. It would have created such an outcry from visitors, angry letters to newspapers, complaints to the authorities etc.

A shameful atrocity such as this would quite simply be an absolute impossibility in Scandinavia.
    • Meaghan Edwards
      That is so beyond sad :(
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Zoo Aquarium de Madrid
    Uploaded By:
    Paradoxurus
    Date:
    11 Mar 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    101.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    692px
    Height:
    519px
    Aperture:
    f/2.8
    Make:
    FUJIFILM
    Model:
    FinePix A360
    Date / Time:
    2008:02:02 18:08:00
    Exposure Time:
    10/337 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 64
    Focal Length:
    5.8 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).