Join our zoo community
UngulateNerd92

Malayan colugo (Cynocephalus variegatus peninsulae)

Malayan colugo (Cynocephalus variegatus peninsulae)
    • FunkyGibbon
      These exhibits seem to be of a very high quality. How old are they?
    • UngulateNerd92
      Hi FunkyGibbon, these exhibits I believe are from the 1970s, which is when the museum was started.
    • UngulateNerd92
      Dr. Billy Hankins who is the museum's founder, former director, chief preparator, and curator of vertebrate zoology was quite the visionary! I met him a few months ago and he toured me around the museum and told me in very specific detail how and where he sourced each specimen in his museum's vertebrate zoology collection. Dr. Hankins also has surplus specimens off exhibit on the museum's second story and at his house as well. If you have further questions about anything at the World Museum of Natural History, please feel free to ask, and if there is anything I cant answer personally, send me a PM and maybe I can put you in touch with Dr. Hankins himself.

Regarding the displays, one of the reasons that I say he was quite a visionary was because for a majority of the specimens in his collection, he used freeze dry taxidermy instead of traditional taxidermy.
    • FunkyGibbon
      @UngulateNerd92 Thanks very much! No questions right now but it's nice to know!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    World Museum of Natural History
    Uploaded By:
    UngulateNerd92
    Date:
    4 Apr 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    30.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    640px
    Height:
    490px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).