Join our zoo community
Chlidonias

Malayan tapir (Tapirus indicus)

just thought I would post this photo.... I have just been four nights at the Kumbang Hide in Taman Negara, the foremost national park in Peninsular Malaysia. The first night I saw nothing, but over the next three nights there were thirteen separate visits by tapir, three of which were of two tapir at the same time, and then there was this one at 9am in full daylight! If you want to see wild Malayan tapir, go stay at the Kumbang Hide!!!!

Malayan tapir (Tapirus indicus)
Chlidonias, 28 Sep 2011
CMP and Hallstromite like this.
    • Chlidonias
      just thought I would post this photo....

I have just been four nights at the Kumbang Hide in Taman Negara, the foremost national park in Peninsular Malaysia. The first night I saw nothing, but over the next three nights there were thirteen separate visits by tapir, three of which were of two tapir at the same time, and then there was this one at 9am in full daylight!

If you want to see wild Malayan tapir, go stay at the Kumbang Hide!!!!
    • Maguari
      Fantastic!!
    • Chlidonias
      I knew you'd like it
    • Maguari
      Am I so predictable? :D
    • Zooish
      Nice. The tapirs there are so used to human presence, with the exception of perhaps mothers with young. But of course one would have to be extremely fortunate to see a wild Malayan tapir in broad daylight, as you did. Lucky you :)
    • devilfish
      Wow! What a sighting. How much more jealous are you going to make us? :p
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Malaysia - Wildlife
    Uploaded By:
    Chlidonias
    Date:
    28 Sep 2011
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    333.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1064px
    Make:
    PENTAX Corporation
    Model:
    PENTAX *ist DL
    Date / Time:
    2011:09:23 12:22:12
    Exposure Time:
    1/60 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    0 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).