Malayan Tiger Exhibit

July 20th, 2011.

Malayan Tiger Exhibit
snowleopard, 17 Aug 2011
DelacoursLangur likes this.
    • snowleopard
      July 20th, 2011.
    • elephantking
      Wow, are there plans to expand or replace this exhibit.
    • snowleopard
      The female tiger here is the star attraction at the zoo and yet the enclosure is FAR too small for her. There is little to no money available at this tiny zoo and the new exhibits that are currently under construction (red panda, flamingo) are amongst the smallest that I've ever seen. The future does not appear to be promising, and anyone who praises Charles Paddock Zoo is either very positive about one of the worst AZA-accredited zoos or someone who truly sees the world as a half-full glass.:)
    • KCZooFan
      Its a little sad to think that two of the zoos closest to me have smaller tiger exhibits than this :eek:
    • Milwaukee Man
      Whoa! That is bad! It looks like it could be better for (maybe) ocelot.
    • DavidBrown
      Yes, there are plans. I don't know where they are on fundraising and turning them into reality. I think I will try to find out and report back.

This is on their website: Charles Paddock Zoo - Master Plan
    • DavidBrown
      You are absolutely right that this exhibit sucks. From visiting this zoo and knowing some of the people involved running it I do see the glass as half-full. I'm going to try and find out where they are in trying to get this replaced and see how full I should see the glass (if at all).
    • IanRRobinson
      That exhibit might be OK for binturong, which aren't too active. A bulldozer would be better still. At 5 acres no modern zoo should be wasting anyone's time keeping stock as big as tigers.
    • DavidBrown
      I think that the master plan calls for expanding the zoo some. If you look at the master plan and the conceptual drawings they are quite ambitious and impressive looking. Of course if the zoo can't make them happen in some form then they are meaningless. If they can build a tiger exhibit anywhere near as impressive looking at the drawing it will be a major accomplishment. In the meantime I agree that this facility is not adequate for a tiger.
    • snowleopard
      Now that 4 years have gone by, does anyone know if there is still a solitary tiger in this inadequate cage? Judging from the zoo's website the cat is still at the facility.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Charles Paddock Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    snowleopard
    Date:
    17 Aug 2011
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    608 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/3.3
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-ZS5
    Date / Time:
    2011:07:20 14:48:45
    Exposure Time:
    10/5000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 320
    Focal Length:
    4.1 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).