Join our zoo community
CMZman

Mammoth

From the offical website of late Cleveland artist Viktor Schrekengost, here is his work \'mammoth\' for the cleveland zoo pachyderm building. Schrekengost designed this sculpture in 1955 for the pachyderm building. This sculpture and its counterpart \'Mastodon\' were both dismantled before construction on African Elephant Crossing began in 2008.Both sculptures were supposed to be re installed at the zoos fromt gate,however, due to plans to remodel the front gate, the sculptures have remained in storage at Cleveland Institute of Art

Mammoth
CMZman, 1 Oct 2014
    • CMZman
      From the offical website of late Cleveland artist Viktor Schrekengost, here is his work \\\'mammoth\\\' for the cleveland zoo pachyderm building. Schrekengost designed this sculpture in 1955 for the pachyderm building. This sculpture and its counterpart \\\'Mastodon\\\' were both dismantled before construction on African Elephant Crossing began in 2008.Both sculptures were supposed to be re installed at the zoos fromt gate,however, due to plans to remodel the front gate, the sculptures have remained in storage at Cleveland Institute of Art
    • TeamTapir223
      I was told by Zoo Director Dr. Chris Kuhar that every effort will be made to incorporate these into a revamped main entrance.

Team Tapir223
    • CMZman
      I know that, I'm just hoping this is done soon
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Cleveland Metroparks Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    CMZman
    Date:
    1 Oct 2014
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    83.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    719px
    Height:
    480px
    Aperture:
    f/2.8
    Make:
    EASTMAN KODAK COMPANY
    Model:
    KODAK DC4800 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA
    Date / Time:
    2003:06:11 12:10:43
    Exposure Time:
    1/180 sec
    Focal Length:
    5.9 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).