Join our zoo community
Hix

Manatee enclosure - 1984

As I recall, two manatees side-by-side in a dirty green swimming pool. The film I used on this occasion was Agfachrome, and the slides have turned pink with time. February 1984

Manatee enclosure - 1984
Hix, 4 Dec 2008
    • Hix
      As I recall, two manatees side-by-side in a dirty green swimming pool.
      The film I used on this occasion was Agfachrome, and the slides have turned pink with time.
      February 1984
    • sooty mangabey
      Where abouts was this structure in the zoo? I don't recognise it as anywhere that's still standing today...
    • Hix
      Sorry, I don't know remember where it was (twas a looooooooooong time ago!)

It can only be a good thing if it no longer exists.

I've got a guidebook from when I visited, but it could be some weeks before I can find it. If I can find it, I'll let you know where the building was.
    • Trebaruna
      I have know idea where it was. But it must be demolished, there isn't a building nowadays that looks like it...
    • Hippo
      It was on the current place of the shop in front of the giraffe enclosure. So, on the left of the zebras now.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    ZOO Antwerpen
    Uploaded By:
    Hix
    Date:
    4 Dec 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    174.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1584px
    Height:
    1036px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).