Join our zoo community
Gigit

Mandrill, April 2022

Mandrill, April 2022
Gigit, 12 Apr 2022
UngulateNerd92 and KevinB like this.
    • Gigit
      Spent a long time watching two mandrills 'gardening'. At the same time I tried, without a lot of success, to find a way of photographing them through the new thick wire fencing.
    • TriUK
      Do you think that the new landscaping has improved the outdoor mandrill enclosure? I like the fallen log. The new smaller outdoor section to the side should offer better husbandry when needed.
    • Gigit
      @TriUK Knowing the mandrills' fondness for digging, I had to smile when I saw small plants had been added. Sure enough, some of them didn't last long! I still haven't seen them all outside. They've seemed a bit wary, dashing out, grabbing something and dashing back inside. This one was digging quite close to the house. So although the pile of logs looks interesting, I haven't seen any of them climbing, nor have I seen them using the whole enclosure. They used to have cover from a hedge along the Avenue side whereas now they are exposed on three sides and can probably see the macaques. I think the small section has always been there but more hidden? I remember they used to have to separate a feisty female before this group was established, so it's good insurance. It'll be interesting to see how the mandrills use it all once they've got used to it.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Paignton Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Gigit
    Date:
    12 Apr 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    645.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1642px
    Height:
    1095px
    Aperture:
    f/4.0
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-FZ1000
    Date / Time:
    2022:04:11 10:48:38
    Exposure Time:
    10/2000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 320
    Focal Length:
    85.83 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).