Join our zoo community
jbnbsn99

Mandrill habitat

Mandrill habitat
jbnbsn99, 24 Oct 2009
    • ashleymunday
      OMG this is amazing! It is so beautiful. You can tell this zoo is heading towards the future when it comes to habitat design. I would love to see the madrills running around and being little crazy primates:) very impressive
    • reduakari
      This exhibit opened in 1989 (or so), so they were heading towards the future quite some time ago!
    • snowleopard
      The one major problem with this exhibit is the exact same one that plagues the gorilla enclosures at the Dallas Zoo...there are not enough primates! The habitat is gorgeous and visitors seem to love it, but I think that there are only two mandrills at the zoo. The two massive, lush gorilla exhibits are even better, but there are only three of those apes. If the zoo acquired more mandrills and gorillas then people would hang around those enclosures for ages.
    • Zooplantman
      Hmmmm.... lush exhibits, minimal animal numbers... coincidence?
    • Sun Wukong
      So the future (in 1989) is, or rather, was plenty of fake rocks?:rolleyes:
    • team tapir
      Has there ever been a larger amount of Mandrills in this exhibit?

Team Tapir
    • jbnbsn99
      Yes. Most I know of is three, but theoretically it can hold six.
    • blospz
      Another beautiful exhibit!
    • Dallaspachyderm
      Zoo just aquired new male mandrill, Milo. And actually there are four gorillas! Used to be six in 2008. Then Hercules and Jenny died. And Tembo is mostly inside during the summer because she is old and the keeps give her the choice.
    • David Matos Mendes
      I have to say, I consider this the most gorgeous mandrill exhibit I've ever seen; real or in pictures. It doesn't look to be the extremely large, but I really like the good use of the space they did here. Never actually visited the place, but the crew's commitment can be clearly seen.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Dallas Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    jbnbsn99
    Date:
    24 Oct 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    403.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/3.4
    Make:
    EASTMAN KODAK COMPANY
    Model:
    KODAK Z730 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA
    Date / Time:
    2009:06:22 17:01:30
    Exposure Time:
    1/180 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 80
    Focal Length:
    5.5 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).