Join our zoo community
Gigit

Mandrill, Jumanji. February 2022

Mandrill, Jumanji. February 2022
Gigit, 7 Feb 2022
    • Gigit
      No longer the mandrill he was although he sometimes gets provoked into action, usually by his son. He was born on 6 March 2003.
    • dillotest0
      Ah, I do enjoy the distinctive facial brow of the mandrill.
      However, when I went to the zoo in 2017, I did not go to Monkey Heights - which means I have only seen Mandrill twice - in the Tel-Aviv Safari, and also in the Tisch Family Zoo I think.
      Would one say Monkey Heights is a worthy exhibit to visit?
    • Gigit
      The Mandrills have their own separate house near the rhinos. Monkey Heights is home to Emperor Tamarins, Pygmy Slow Loris, Goeldi's monkeys, Pygmy Marmosets, a Three-Banded Armadillo, Cherry-Crowned Mangabeys, King Colobus, Pied Tamarin, Squirrel Monkeys, Azara's Agouti, Diana Monkeys and Sulawesi Crested Macaques - so is well worth a visit.
    • dillotest0
      Ah, now I look at the map of Paignton Zoo, it seems that from the pictures in my collection, there are some from the Amphibian Ark, which means I would have passed the mandrills on my visit - but these were not photographed!
      I do remember seeing the rhinos, I even have photograph of one of them.
      Gigit likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Paignton Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Gigit
    Date:
    7 Feb 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    543.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1642px
    Height:
    1095px
    Aperture:
    f/3.3
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-FZ1000
    Date / Time:
    2022:02:07 11:45:25
    Exposure Time:
    10/1000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 2500
    Focal Length:
    17.83 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).