Manor House Wildlife Park siamang cage

Manor House Wildlife Park siamang cage
Bele, 27 Dec 2008
    • Bele
      Manor House Wildlife park gibbon cage
    • futurekeeper
      thats awful
    • James27
      How come this hasn't been improved yet?!
    • snowleopard
      Three green walls and then steel mesh are the walls of this cage, and the gibbon(s) can brachiate across in 3-4 swings in this small enclosure.
    • Bele
      It has been improved with the addition of the 'viewing area' at the top so that the siamang can see above the 3 walls . It has also been given a coat of paint and new furnishings . Not that I am saying it is now good .

An island home and mate is planned for this year . I hope the island has plenty of furnishings . I have seen some small gibbon islands which are worse than the cage in the photo as there was no opportunity for brachiating .
    • Mike11
      This enclosure used to hold chimps so its being put to a better use with a siamang!
    • snowleopard
      It would be even better with golden lion tamarins or a similarly tiny primate.
    • ChesterGemsbok
      Good idea,
      but they'd need to put more branches, enrichment etc.

If u think this is bad check Welsh Mountain Zoo's Gibbon enclosure.
    • CZJimmy
      WMZ's is long and tall (perfect for brachiating) and packed with branches and enrichment. It's not ideal, but it is better than this one
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Manor House Wildlife Park
    Uploaded By:
    Bele
    Date:
    27 Dec 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    313.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/4.3
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-TZ3
    Date / Time:
    2008:09:21 00:44:07
    Exposure Time:
    10/2000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    9.1 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).