Join our zoo community
Junklekitteb

Map/Master Plan

Map/Master Plan
Junklekitteb, 1 Feb 2020
Arizona Docent likes this.
    • Arizona Docent
      Several interesting notes on this Indian zoo map that we would not find on an American zoo map. Notice the square section with wildlife pledge that says all citizens are mandated by the constitution to protect the environment. Also the large white lettering in the middle says "Not Yet Complete." Nothing wrong with that wording, it is just different than how we would word it (something like "future expansion" or "coming soon"). And some of the rules on the list on the left you would not see here, like "do not spit." I find people spitting kind of disgusting myself and in general people in America don't do it (with a few exceptions), but you would never see it listed as a rule (presumably because it's not really a problem). Also the rule "alcohol free zone" which I have no problem with as someone who has never been a drinker. However a lot of USA zoos now serve alcohol and in recent years are adding beer or wine themed events. In fact the selling of alcohol in American zoos seems to be on the rise.
    • Junklekitteb
      I added that :)
    • devilfish
      I'm also intrigued by the varying level of detail in the labels - there's a huge contrast between 'Indian Grey Wolf' and 'Owl' or 'Fox', or even 'LTM'! (Presumably Lion-Tailed Macaques.)
    • Junklekitteb
      @devilfish LTM is standard for lion-tailed macaque on maps seemingly.
      devilfish likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Bannerghatta Biological Park
    Uploaded By:
    Junklekitteb
    Date:
    1 Feb 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    1.1 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    2792px
    Height:
    1622px
    Date / Time:
    2020:02:01 12:51:21

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).