Join our zoo community
Maguari

Map of Yorkshire WP 25/04/09

Map of Yorkshire WP 25/04/09
Maguari, 25 Apr 2009
    • snowleopard
      Thanks for posting the map, and judging from all of the photos it appears to be quite a tiny wildlife park. There are only about a dozen enclosures in total, and so is there a cheap entrance fee?
    • CZJimmy
      Snowleopard, their website says the price for adults is £8.50 which when compared to other UK zoos is very reasonable.

It is also located in an area in which the only other notable animal attractions are Flamingo Land (which is a zoo/theme park - admission £23) and The Deep aquarium (admission £8.95). The Yorkshire Wildlife Park may have found a niche...
    • Jacobea
      Though this is just a very simple map, this place looks as though it has potential-wolves in the woodland trail area, maybe, seals in the lake and an extension of the African Plains down towards it :) Possibly something in the gap on the other side too, one day?
    • Maguari
      This is very much being promoted as Phase 1 of 5. Phase 2 includes Lions, later phases are intended to include giraffes, rhinos, hippos and even elephants. The idea is to close for a few months each winter for the next 4 years and build the next phase. The place is supremely confident - I heard several staff members talking to visitors and it was very much 'this is what will happen' rather than 'we hope'. I hope it comes off, would be nice to get a new major zoo on the map. Also, it's worth noting that this map is not to scale; the African Plains in particular is much bigger than it seems on this map.
    • mazzy
      had a really super day at ywp today (26th) don't be fooled by the map we had a great time and arrived at 10 and left at 5 ! i really hope all their plans work out , they certainly have the space and the staff are all very polite and happy to share in the excitement of this new venture we will be going back soon and through out the summer ive no doubt !
    • James27
      Sounds cool and seems like a wise plan that they're building it up so much over such a long space of time. I assume they have someone with money to back it up though.
    • mazzy

it all seemed to be very positive
    • Vulpes
      so is there more enclosures than what appears on the map?
    • Maguari
      Where it says 'Aviary' there is both a small bird aviary and the enclosure for Guayaquil Squirrels. Other than that, it's all as shown.
    • mazzy
      the map is accurate but the park is much bigger than the map leads you to believe
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Yorkshire Wildlife Park
    Uploaded By:
    Maguari
    Date:
    25 Apr 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count: