Join our zoo community
Yi Qi

Master Plan Map

Photo was not taken by me; credit goes to Ryan Brooks for a news article.

Master Plan Map
Yi Qi, 8 Jul 2019
    • Yi Qi
      As stated above, I did not take this photo aside from flipping it, I took it from the news article below, and all credit goes to him.

EFOZ presents updated master plan
    • Yi Qi
      Anyway, its time for me to do my thing and state how I would do this master plan.
      I'd focus on creating specific precincts for the zoo, with native animals in the east portion and international animals in the west portion.
      1. Move the prairie dogs to between the mule deer and bison, while constructing a new aviary for barn and barred owls directly parallel to them.
      2. Introduce pronghorn, sandhill cranes, and burrowing owls to the zoo, with the pronghorns living with the mule deer and the cranes living with the bison. The burrowing owls have access to all three exhibits.
      3. Refine the zoo's northeast section into a new area, Island Voyager. While Mission Madagascar stays the same, replace the kookaburras with Rodriguez's fruit bats.
      4. Combine the cape barren geese and black swan exhibits into a walkthrough exhibit, while moving the wallabies and kookaburra to the exhibit and introduce buff-banded rails to the zoo's collection.
      5. The cluster of bird cages next to the current prairie exhibit become a south american-themed area, with the prairie dog exhibit becoming home to agoutis and crested tinamous. The owl exhibits become bird exhibits (species pending)
      6. Phase out the following species:
        • Muntjac
        • Trumpeter Hornbill
        • Koi
      7. In the wallaby exhibit on the map, replace them with
      8. Turn former koi and/or alligator snapping turtle pond into a pond for freshwater mussels.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    David Traylor Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Yi Qi
    Date:
    8 Jul 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    473.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1691px
    Height:
    1200px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).