Join our zoo community
Moebelle

May 2013 - Elephant Reserve - Indian Elephant Exhibit Pool Area

May 2013 - Elephant Reserve - Indian Elephant Exhibit Pool Area
Moebelle, 18 May 2013
steveroberts likes this.
    • snowleopard
      Apparently both Asian Elephant yards combined only equals about 0.8 acres, which seems awfully small in the modern world of elephant exhibits. Having already completed one expansion in the last few years I don't suppose that the zoo has intentions of another one, but what is the long range plan for the elephants? It would be wonderful if the Cincinnati Zoo built a new animal habitat that actually exceeded expectations and wasn't criticized for its size, but perhaps that will happen with the new African zone.
    • Moebelle
      Nope, actually Africa is the last of their empty space and there will no longer be any more expansions.
    • Moebelle
      It would be nice if they could completely redo the 2.21 acre Elephant Reserve but the Elephant House is there and I think it would be a dishonor to get rid of such an historic building.
    • snowleopard
      I agree that the historic elephant building should remain untouched, but the 2.21 acre complex features a 0.8 acre area for the elephants and that is far too small in the modern zoo world.
    • Moebelle
      There's one of the things I'm going to agree with you on. I measured nearly every elephant exhibit in America and Cincy's came in about 4th smallest.
    • uszoo
      - I will put out a list next week on my blog featuring a list of elephant exhibits arranged by there sizes. Let me tell you sadly this exhibit is far more than 4th smallest its more like 20th from the bottom. There are exhibits 1/3 of the size.
    • Zooplantman
      It would be nice if they replanted the exhibit and got rid of those frightening alien chartreuse plants! :eek:
    • Moebelle
      I edited the photo to make the green pop out more.
    • Zooplantman
      "Pop" is one thing. This is "weapons of grass destruction"
    • waltersn
      Love the rock work!!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden
    Uploaded By:
    Moebelle
    Date:
    18 May 2013
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    316.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1280px
    Height:
    960px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).